PLANNING FOR VISIT
Welcome to the new patient center of Amwell Eye Care. We are delighted you have chosen to join our family of patients. Being prepared for your initial visit and thinking ahead is an important part of the eye exam process. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your next visit.
What to bring
- Form of identification
- Insurance card
- Referral documentation (if required by insurance)
- Name and address of your primary care physician
- List of medications including those that are non-prescription
- Current glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses
- List of questions you want to ask the doctor
- We highly recommend dilation for new patients and yearly exams. If you are not comfortable driving after having your eyes dilated, please be sure to bring a friend or family member to drive you home or arrange alternative transportation.
What to ask
- Have my vision and eye health changed since my last visit?
- Am I a candidate for OK lens?
- What are the advantages and benefits of wearing OK lens?
- Am I at risk for developing any eye diseases?
- Are there lifestyle changes I can make to care better for my eyes?
- How often should I return for a comprehensive eye exam?
Before you leave the office
- Instructions on proper handling and cleaning of OK lens or regular soft contacts
- Instructions on how to use any medication if necessary
- Schedule your next appointment